The North Carolina A&T State University Alumni Association, Incorporated announces the call for nominations for the 2017 alumni awards.
The Howard C. Barnhill Distinguished Service, Julia S. Brooks Achievement, and Velma R. Speight Young Alumnus (under 40) awards are given annually to distinguished alumni of North Carolina A&T State University.
Nominees for these awards are not required to be affiliated with an alumni chapter; however, all three awards share the following requirements.
- Must be a graduate of North Carolina A&T State University
- Letters of support/references that display respect, ideals, and character that coincide with that of NC A&T State University Alumni Association
- Has a history of demonstrative giving and has made a donation for two consecutive years prior to being nominated. (Each award has separate giving requirements)
- Must have rendered outstanding service to NC A&T State University, the Alumni Association, his/her local Alumni Chapter and/or have outstanding achievement in his/her profession, community or public service
- Current members of the Board of Directors of the NC A&T State University Alumni Association are not eligible for these awards
- Previous recipients are not eligible for the same category
- Nominations forms must be completed in its entirety to be eligible for consideration
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted online, including photograph.
- Completed nomination forms must be received by the North Carolina A&T Alumni Association, Inc. on/before 11:59 PM PST February 28, 2017.
Award recipients will be presented to the Aggie Family at the 45th Annual Alumni Awards & Class Reunion Banquet on Saturday May 13, 2017 at the Greensboro Marriott Downtown during the 2017 Alumni Weekend.
If there are any questions, please contact the Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org