We are off and running with the start of another exciting academic year. As we plan for the first board meeting, scheduled for Saturday, September 9, I want to welcome our new board members of the North Carolina A&T State University Alumni Association, Inc.:
- Elyse Jenkins-Fitzpatrick, Midwest Regional Director
- Hugene Fields, Jr., Aggie Athletic Foundation Representative
- Anthony Humphrey, Board of Visitors Representative
- Anthony Gbedee, Student Alumni Association Representative
Please join me in thanking the following out-going members for their dedicated service to the board:
- Dr. Trent Jones, Southeast Regional Director
- Darryl Towns, Board of Visitors Representative
- Rev. Irv Moore, Jr., Midwest Regional Director
- Joe Parker, Aggie Athletic Foundation Representative
- Zoe Hardaway, Student Alumni Association Representative
This year’s National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame event is scheduled for September 27 – October 1 at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, GA. Please go to their website, www.nbcahof.com for more information.
We are pleased to announce that the following alumni will be honored this year:
- Anzio Williams ’94, – 2017 Legacy of Leaders Award for Distinguished Alumnus
- Chief Justice Henry E. Frye, Sr. ’53 – Law / Government Inductee
- Mitchell A. Martin ’75 – Business / Industry Inductee
We are just a few weeks away from Homecoming 2017 and the excitement has been building since last year. Make sure you are up-to-date on all activities scheduled for October 1 – 8 by visiting www.ncat.edu/homecoming. Additionally, make sure you check the website and Alumni Times for updates about the Aggie Alumni National Convention taking place June 6-10, 2018 in Atlanta, GA. You don’t want to miss it!
Remember to stay connected with the University and Alumni Association by signing up for the monthly Alumni Times for news and upcoming events. Just another way to stay engaged.
With Aggie Pride,
Pam McCorkle Buncum ‘81
Chair – Board of Directors
NCA&TSU National Alumni Association, Inc.